Retail Design + Architecture (Tampa)
api(+) is seeking architectural professionals with a passion for design and architecture to join our Tampa, Florida office. Commercial experience is required, and retail experience is preferred.
Both registered and non-registered architects are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has 5+ years’ experience. Experience working on retail projects including food retail, specialty retail, restaurants and retail centers is a plus. He or she will also have excellent communication skills plus experience managing and delegating projects effectively and thoroughly.
The overall focus of this role is to support the api(+)’s retail design and architecture studio by establishing repeat and new business with quality clients via remarkable projects, excellent client relationships and positive team leadership.
- Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Client relations
- Anchoring, developing and mentoring the retail architectural design studio
- Implementing, maintaining and positively impacting architectural practices, standards and procedures in all facets of design, production and construction administration
- Ensuring project quality by reviewing and approving documents
- Clearly communicating and resolving project issues with project team and client in a timely, professional manner
- Recommending and implementing production improvements and innovations
- Working with other senior management to support firm’s mission, policies and growth through marketing and human resources involvement
- A degree in architecture
- 5+ years experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working on commercial projects
- Revit experience
- Strong design sense
- Strong detailing capabilities and knowledge
- Successful track record coordinating with clients, consultants, contractors and peers
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Strong critical thinking skills and judgement
- Proactive, energetic, polished and professional
- Architectural registration is preferred but not required
- Retail project experience, including food retail, specialty retail, restaurants and retail centers, is preferred but not required
Ready to join an award-winning retail design team and produce great designs? Send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to Juliette Lauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.