senior project architect – grocery
Retail Design + Architecture (Tampa)
api(+) is seeking a Senior Project Architect with a passion for Grocery Store Design and Architecture to join our Tampa, Florida office.
The right person for this role is a registered architect, is proficient in Revit and has at least 5 years’ experience working on grocery store projects. Experience in other types of retail, restaurant and retail center projects is a plus, but grocery experience is required. He or she will also have excellent communication skills plus experience managing and delegating projects effectively and thoroughly.
The overall focus of this role is to support the api(+)’s grocery store design and architecture studio by establishing repeat and new business with quality clients via remarkable projects, excellent client relationships and positive team leadership.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Client relations
- Anchoring, developing and mentoring the grocery architectural design studio
- Implementing, maintaining and positively impacting architectural practices, standards and procedures in all facets of design, production and construction administration
- Ensuring project quality by reviewing and approving documents
- Clearly communicating and resolving project issues with project team and client in a timely, professional manner
- Recommending and implementing production improvements and innovations
- Working with other senior management to support firm’s mission, policies and growth through marketing and human resources involvement
- Architectural registration
- Revit proficiency
- At least 5 years’ experience working on grocery store projects
- A passion for grocery store design and architecture
- Experience in other types of retail, restaurant and retail center projects is a plus
- Strong design sense and passion
- Strong detailing capabilities and knowledge
- Successful track record coordinating with clients, consultants, contractors and peers
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Strong critical thinking skills and judgement
- Proactive, energetic, polished and professional
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to Juliette Lauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.